Trickster and homosexuality
I did a skim of Hyde tonight, looking for some analysis of trickers and homosexuality. After reading about the trickster's shape-shifting ability, ["the trickster can alter his shape or bodily appearance in order to facilitate deception. Not even the boundaries of species or sexuality are safe, for they can be readily dissolved by the trickster's disguises and transmorphisms (Hynes 36)] and tricksters changing sex [and having sex "Wakdjunkaga, the Winnebago trickster, once disguises himself as a woman, marries the son of a chief, and bears three sons" (Hyde 336)] I thought for sure there would be some queer theory interpretation of it. With all the penises, sex, sex changes, and taboo... but alas, I can across nothing in Hyde. He writes about Ginsberg, but not in relation to tricksters and homosexuality. My initial google search turned up nothing also. Let me know if anyone comes across something!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home